I found very little to take too seriously in this book. If Hundley was out to change the minds of those who believe in the dangers he presents, then he didn't offer adequate answers to the concerns they may have. I actually thought, at one point, that he was simply writing to have a book out there on the subject. I also thought the invitation to believe in Jesus as the end to be rather clumsy. If asked what his point overall was, I would be hard pressed to know.
It's a very easy book to read, which is why I don't believe anyone who takes the dangers seriously would be swayed away from their beliefs. It does give some background information into why the 2012 phenomenon has come to attention, but fails in its efforts to draw people to Jesus. Therefore, I would not recommend this book to those who may have questions about such matters.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Thomas Nelson publishers as part of their book review bloggers program. All opinions expressed are my own, and I was not required to write a positive review. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255
No comments:
Post a Comment